Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Kidspeak

For the last few days Luke had been walking around saying something that I could not understand. It sounded the same every time he said it, which is how I knew he was repeating the same word/phrase over and over. I can usually figure out what he's saying pretty quickly, so it was really bothering me that I just couldn't understand this one. It really sounded like he was saying, "Ham-boo-ger, Mommy?", over and over again.

After a couple of days of this Luke and I were driving in the car to pick up Peyton, Adah and Sam from preschool. And he started it again ...

Luke: "Ham-boo-ger, Mommy ... ham-boo-ger?"

Me: "What buddy? Hamburger? You don't really even like ground beef. Do you want a hamburger?"

Luke: "Ham-boo-ger, Mommy!"

Me: "I really just don't know what you're saying buddy."

I proceed to look in my rear view mirror at this point and see Luke shoving his finger up his nose. He then pulls it out, examines his finger, and then holds it up in the air to show me.

Luke: "Mommy, ham-boo-ger!"

Ohhhhhhh, "Have booger." Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment