Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Vacation, All I Ever Wanted

Opening side note:
Apparently I have an affinity for using song titles and/or lyrics in my blog titles. What does this say about me? Contrary to what it may seem, I am not a music buff (I first heard some song the other day that apparently has been out for over a year, oops). I can only imagine I am channeling my inner Lady Gaga or something like that. At least I know who she is. Anyway ...

We just spent the last 2 weeks at a much needed vacation in Florida with my side of the family. We had such a wonderful time with family and we did not want to leave. The kids keep asking to go back, not realizing that it's a bit of a longer drive than around the corner! We spent our days lazing around by the pool, having water gun wars, jumping in the waves at the beach, going out to lunch, and eating ice cream or popsicles for dessert EVERY night. We really had so much fun and can't wait to go back soon! Here are some pictures of the last few weeks.


As it should be on any vacation, we were a little slack on hygiene related issues. I think this was after a couple day hiatus from hair brushing.















We spent a lot of time just goofing around (we're good at that). Luke loved playing with his old baby toys. Who said this thing is for 6-12 monthers?















Lots of pizza, mac and cheese, and quesadillas ...















And did I mention the desserts?















And the second and third desserts?






















The beach was a little rainy, but we had fun anyway.






















We exhibited a bit of patriotism in the form of flaming fire sticks (aka sparklers) on the 4th.















And we swam our little hearts out every day.




















































We're still recuperating from the drive, but what a fun trip! We can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment