- We are nearing one of my least favorite times of year. Don't get me wrong, I love the warmer weather, but I'm not a huge fan of the toll it puts on my daily shower routine. That's right, I'm talking about shaving my legs. I hate doing this. I have definitely been known to skip many
weeksdays between shaving during the pants-dominant season of winter. But now we're slowly creeping up on shorts season and Ill be forced to dust off my trusty razor. I figure if people are going to be blinded by the whiteness of my legs, they should at least get a hair-free show.
- I have noticed the Scholastic Book Fair signs going up around town at the elementary schools. This makes me extremely excited in a weird, "does this make me a complete dork?" kind of way. I vividly remember quivering with excitement when the book fair would come to my school and I would get to choose from the hundreds of books lining the walls. I'm not ready for the kids to go to elementary school just yet, but the book fair will surely be my saving grace during that transitional time period.
- My allergies have decided to make an early return this year. It must be all of the warm weather we're having lately. I've been suffering from allergies for almost 15 years, and I still have no idea what I'm allergic to. I never had allergies when I lived in Florida, so it must be something in North Carolina that causes me to sneeze incessantly for days once spring makes its appearance. I keep saying I'll go to an allergist, but it never happens. Anyone have any idea what would be making me a fountain of mucus these days? My doctor self has diagnosed my allergy as tree pollen, but I'm not really schooled in medicine so feel free to give your own diagnosis as well.
- Luke looks like a victim of child abuse. I don't mean that in a joking way, he really does. The boy has bruises up and down his forearms, on his legs, on his little booty ... they're everywhere. Sadly, he seems to have inherited my touch-me-with-pressure-harder-than-a-light-tap-and-I-will-bruise syndrome. I cannot remember the last time I was bruise-free and Luke seems to be doomed to the same fate. It doesn't help that he's a daredevil and will willingly throw himself down a flight of stairs for a PBJ or a box of raisins, so I'm guessing they'll just become part of his wardrobe throughout his childhood.
- Since when did under eye circle become a permanent fixture in my daily wardrobe? I used to be able to chalk it up to non-sleeping children, but that's no longer the case. My theory is that they were there for such an extended amount of time that they have now been forever affixed upon my face. Does anyone have recommendations for under eye cream that takes the circles away? I can't believe I'm already having to ask about this. Vanity is a hard, hard pill to swallow.
- I think our cordless phones (is that what they're still called?) are on their last leg. I keep being scared by loud beeping noises they randomly make throughout the day. It's like they're saying, "Help, put me out of my misery and send me back to the 20th century! I can't keep up with Siri and her friends!" But the question is, should I get a new set to replace them or just use our cell phones as our main phone line? I've always liked having a land line, but maybe it's useless at this point. What do you think? Any cordless phone recommendations or arguments against my insistence upon having a land line?