Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Four

Four years ago today I was sitting in a hospital room in Florida with four fetal monitors strapped to my belly. It was impossible to sleep with all of the beeping, tension, and itching caused by all the velcro from those uncomfortable monitors.














I had been admitted to the hospital two days prior for a sudden increase in blood pressure and all signs were pointing to an urgent delivery sooner rather than later. Little did I know that I would be having an emergency c-section within the next few hours when it became clear that I was suffering from severe pre-eclampsia.














Those four short years ago I had no idea what my life would be like today. With healthy, thriving triplets and the addition of their little brother, it would be an understatement to call me blessed beyond measure.





















I am amazed daily by a God who remains faithful to me and my family. He has blessed me beyond my wildest dreams and I cannot imagine my life any other way than it is right now.





















Peyton, Sam and Adah were our miracle babies. Children that we never thought we would have and definitely still do not deserve.
















I look at them and see everything that is good about childhood, innocence, and wonder. They have taught me to be more loving, more grateful, more patient, and more resilient than I even thought that I could be.















Essentially, they have taught me to be MORE. More than I am or ever imagined I was capable of becoming. They are my inspiration and my daily reminder that, with God, all things are most definitely possible.






















Happy Birthday my little miracles. I see His light shining through you each and every day and my constant prayer is that it will continue to grow bigger and brighter with each passing moment.






















Hug, Kiss, Nose Kiss and a Tickle,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment