Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Going To the Chapel

We spent the better part of last week in Florida for my little sister's wedding. Well, I guess she isn't that little any more now that she's married, but I will always picture her as a 12 year old little girl. We've been looking forward to this weekend for a long time and Peyton, Sam and Adah were so excited to be the flower girls and ring bearer in the wedding (Luke opted out - our choice, not his!). It was a beautiful weekend filled with a lot of fun and memories. I'll let the pictures do the talking since there were so many great ones.

On Thursday, all the girls went to get their nails done. And by all the girls, I mean ALL the girls. Yes, Peyton and Adah stepped foot into the first nail salon of their lives. I'm hoping we haven't started an expensive habit. The color of choice? Pink, of course. But not just any pink. We chose the brightest, most neon pink that salon had. I am not lying when I say I'm pretty sure that bottle of polish glowed in the dark.
















We spent Thursday night at a cookout at my brother's house. It was very relaxed and laid back with a small group of family and friends. The kids had fun playing in the backyard while we all ate and visited with everyone. A great way to kick of the weekend.

We kept telling the girls to lift up their dresses when they went down the slide so they wouldn't get the fabric caught. Adah took us pretty literally.





















My brother and my nephew, Brantley.





















Chow time!














Adah entertained everyone for about ten minutes when she tried to play ping pong with herself on the driveway. This may be a little TMI, but I almost peed myself I was laughing so hard. Too bad we didn't have the video camera.




















The bridesmaid luncheon on Friday had a gorgeous setting.














And some pretty good eats (and drinks) too!





















The bride, bridesmaids, and moms ...













Later Friday night was the rehearsal. The triplets did a great job "practicing" gallivanting down the aisle. They stood still for the minimum amount of time required and then they were off (not sure what face I am making below, I look kinda put off). 





















They spent the rest of the rehearsal "drawing" on all of the offering envelopes. I doubt the people who attended church on Sunday had any success in locating any pencils (since we broke or lost them all) or unmarked envelopes (since we drew on them all) in the entire sanctuary.














The lovely bride and groom at the rehearsal.





















The rehearsal dinner was lots of fun and I managed to make it through my Matron (ugh!) of Honor speech without too many tears. Does anyone else hate the term, "matron"? I think it makes me sound really old.

The cool golf bag groom's cake! It was a delish carrot cake.














And then all of a sudden it was the big day! Saturday was spent getting hair and makeup done and then lots of pictures at the church.

The beautiful bride ...





















Just some of the gorgeous flowers ...














The maestro relaxing before his big ring bearer debut ...





















The kiddos just before their trip down the aisle. The girls didn't have their hair pieces in yet and this is a bad picture, but it's the only one I was able to get. I'm hoping that the photographer got a lot of good shots of them though.


















The kids did great and walked the aisle just like they practiced. None of my children are very shy and they don't mind walking into a room full of people staring at them (they did NOT get this from me). We had a great time at the reception afterward and the evening ended on a perfect note.

The next day we had brunch with the family and packed up to leave and come home.

Adah playing around. See what I mean about the finger nail polish?





















Sammy and his silly smile.





















Luke showing off his battle scars. He took on the concrete and the concrete won. Of course he decided to do this a few hours before wedding photos started.





















Overall, it was such a fun weekend full of great memories. I hope the kids are able to maintain some memories of the wedding as they get older. Our time there seemed so short since we were so busy the entire time. We can't wait to head back soon. Congratulations to Kristen and Brett! I wish I was on my honeymoon right now!






1 comment:

  1. Adah needs to take her knickers off before lifting her dress so I can see he kydypussy

    ReplyDelete