Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Girls' Room

Someone recently reminded me that I have never posted pictures of the kids' rooms like I did for the rest of the house over a year ago! Oops! I know that most of you probably don't even care, so feel free to stop reading and go on to more important things. But if you'd like to take a look, be my guest!

Please keep in mind that I am an awful procrastinator, which is why it took me over a year to decorate the girls' room. That and the fact that I was waiting until we transitioned Sam from their room into a room with Luke (which happened last May) before I decorated anything. I would have felt bad about making Sam sleep in a pink-a-fied room. Also, since we live in a house owned by the university, we are not allowed to change the carpet or wall colors. Maybe they've had bad experiences with frosted blue carpets and fuchsia walls in the past, I don't know. Anyway, so I was limited to things I could either put in the room or hang on the walls.

Ok, enough explaining (a.k.a. procrastinating ... see what I mean?). Here are some pictures ...

Here's the straight ahead view as you walk into their room. The girls are big readers, so we wanted to incorporate a reading area into their space. I love the mounted book shelf (PB Kids) because it lets all their books be displayed and it makes it easy for them to choose one.. They love the kid-sized chairs (Ikea) as well. The butterflies are 3-D and stick on to the wall. I got them from a cool Etsy shop online. And the owls were a Target special. I love that place.





















If you pan to the left, you'll see this ...





















The dresser used to be their Aunt Meghann's when she was a child. I love using old family furniture in rooms so this is probably my favorite piece in the room. The prints on the wall were from Target (owls) and Homegoods (flowers). Homegoods is another one of my all-time favorites. The baby doll crib was a Christmas gift from grandparents. The chandelier was from Home Depot and I like how it "girlies" up the room a bit.

Here's the view if you walk over to the bookshelf and turn around to look at the beds.





















The headboards are a deep granny smith apple green with brown piping and buttons. The duvet covers are from Zulily (my favorite kid discount site) and the shelves are Ikea.

Here's a closer look at the beds.














The table between the beds is from Target and I think the tree wall sticker is from Kohl's. It used to be in our playroom but then we changed some things around and it found a new home in between the girls' beds. We've had the name canvases since they were born and they came from Etsy as well.

So there you go. A quick and easy tour of the girls' room! It's exciting that they have a big girl room now, but I'm kinda sad not to have a nursery for them anymore. The boys' room is another story. We are still half big boy room / half nursery in there as long as Luke is in his crib (and I am not pushing him into a bed any time soon if I can help it!). We have most of the stuff to decorate fully in their room, we are just waiting to put it up until we're sure where the beds and dresser will go once there is no longer a crib in the room (tear, sniff, sniff). Luckily, they're boys and don't seem to mind. As long as their train table and some toys are in the room, they are happy!

2 comments:

  1. The room is lovely! Thanks so much for sharing you inspire me to try things with our trips and give me hope that this gets better and easier:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does get easier is some ways, but harder in others. In a good way, though! I'm not looking forward to those pre-teen years! I can't imagine life with three 14 year olds and a 13 year old added in there as well!!!

    ReplyDelete