Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ambushed

Like the rest of the Southeast, we've had some wintry weather lately. I'm trying to prevent myself from going stir crazy, so this afternoon I went on a baking binge. Let's just say that if anyone within a 100 mile radius of my home needs any muffins or cookies in the next two months, please feel free to drop by. The kids were itching to get out into the snow all day, so I finally bundled them up and took them out this afternoon. It was a good chance to give the snowsuits, snow boots, and gloves a test run before our trip to Colorado in a couple months (except for Luke - poor guy had to don the make-shift snow suit made of wind pants, duct tape, and boots two sizes too big).

They really loved playing in it this year. They enjoyed it last year, but this year was a whole new level. I think another year plus actually having snow resistant clothing made all the difference. I had to drag them inside once it started getting dark.

Luke wanted to wear these boots when I told him he needed boots to go in the snow. Actually, now that I think about it, these maybe could have worked with some duct tape.





















Notice my baking bonanza evidence on the counter in the above photo. I'm not kidding y'all, just give me those muffin/cookie orders now. I CANNOT have them in my house for too long or I will eat them all.

Snow bunnies ...


























































Snow angel ...





















You can tell it was getting dark in the picture above.

So, just as I am about to drag them inside and start the assembly line of take off right boot, take off left boot, remove gloves, remove suit, shove kid in the door, repeat, I start to feel like I'm being watched. You know that feeling you get when you just know that someone is lurking around the corner? When you know something inevitable is about to happen? Well, just as the hairs started to stand up on the back of my neck I whirled around, camera in hand, and documented this:












































I guess that's what you get for teaching your kid to throw a snowball. What goes around, comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment