Thursday, July 12, 2012

Vidalia Onions, Sunflowers, and Barbeque

I feel like I've been MIA for about a month and I guess that's because I have been. Between moving, not having any internet or TV for a while, and going on a getaway to the mountains, I feel like the last few weeks have been a big jumbled mess. Not a bad mess, but we've just been operating on the fly for a little while. I still feel like I'm living in a 75% finished house, and that last 25% is always the hardest past to finish. So what am I going to do? Procrastinate by sharing pictures, of course.

We just spent the better past of the week up in our normal vacation spot of Cashiers, NC. It was warm for the mountains (mid to upper 80's), but it was a welcome change compared with the 100 degree days we'd been having here lately. We spent the week doing pretty much nothing, which is just the way I like it. A few trips to the pool, the local market, and Highlands filled out our days and we loved having the time to relax, spend time with family, and eat some really good meals.






















 My cutie 8 month old nephew, Graham.





















We also spent one day picking blueberries. When you can carry home four pounds of berries for $7, it's been a good day ... even if we all did have some "berry bellyaches" later that afternoon from all of the taste testing.























 I love our trips to the local market. You know it's a good spot when they sell vidalia onions, barbeque, and sunflowers all in the same store.

















And did I mention that they also sold homemade fruit pies there? Oh. My. Word. Straight out of the oven too ... I touched it to make sure it was still warm.





















We had such a great time, as always. We've only been home a day and there are already four loads of laundry to be done and a million other things I can think of. Where is the summer going? I blinked and it's already halfway over!

No comments:

Post a Comment