Thursday, March 11, 2010

Memories

I always like to go back and look at old pictures of the kiddos just for fun. It's crazy to see how much they change in just a year and it brings back lots of memories of what my life was like at that time. Here are some pictures taken just about a year ago.















Getting Sam to sit still for a picture at this point in his life was, well, pointless. I guess not TOO much changes in a year.















Our fashionista ...















The Bald Wonder ...






















Can you tell I was just itching to be able to put something in one of the girls' hair? Peyton's hair looked like a palm frond for a few months, but I was bound and determined to put something in that hair!






















Whenever I look back, it makes me laugh and cry at the same time. The memories are so wonderful, but I can't believe how big they get so fast. Just the other day Peyton told me she was "too big" to do something ... and she was right! How can they already be too big to do anything!?! Having the triplets has made me savor Luke's "baby-ness" a lot more. I am less in a hurry for him to walk, talk, eat regular food, etc. because I just want him to stay my cuddly little baby boy. At least he is still little enough that he doesn't have any pictures from a year ago for me to post (well, you could see a picture of me 7 months pregnant, but no one really wants to see that do they?). Looking back reminds me to slow down and take my time. I need to enjoy them while they are little and spilling things, making messes and singing songs over and over and over again (seriously, will they ever get tired of Baa Baa Black Sheep?). So today I'm going to remember to hug them all one extra time and take some more pictures so I can look back again a year from now and think the same things.

1 comment:

  1. Yes they do grow so fast,just look at Matt. Savor every day and every minute. Steve used to say they will be out of the house before we realize and boy was he right. I loved my "visit" last week, and I too need to remember to savor every minute, which I did. love Mimi

    ReplyDelete