Friday, June 15, 2012

Summer To Do List

Summer always comes at me so fast and in between all of the vacations, trips to the pool, and camps,  I often forget about the things that make summer, "summer." So I thought it would be a good idea to get some necessary summer activities down in a tangible, to-do list format. We should have a lot of fun checking these things off of the list and hopefully adding more as we go. Here's what I have planned so far and please feel free to tell me other ideas and activities that I may have missed.

Summer 2012 To Do List

Go to one of the summer kid movies at the local theater. The kids and I can get 5 movie tickets, popcorn, and drinks for under $15!

Take a trip to one of our nearby lakes to indulge in a little swimming.

Introduce the kids to fishing.

Pick blueberries at one of the many local farms.

Frequent the farmer's market as much as possible. Let the kids help pick out dinner while we're there.

Ice cream for dinner!

Catch fireflies in mason jars and let the kids take them inside and use them as "nightlights" for that night.

Watch the 4th of July fireworks in our lawn chairs.

Host a low country boil.

Cook hot dogs and s'mores over the fire pit.

"Camp out" in the backyard for a night.

Get a big white sheet and a projector and have a movie night outside.

Water balloon fight!


I can't wait to get started! What's on your summer to do list?

No comments:

Post a Comment