Friday, February 17, 2012

Kidspeak

 When we were down in Florida visiting my parents, we took all of the kids out to lunch. There's a great pizza restaurant near my parents' house and we love going there because it's loud and they have a huge eight person round table that we can all fit in. After lunch, we were planning to head to the beach since it was such a nice day. The kids were excited to go to the beach as they hadn't been since the summer. Peyton was literally yelling to anyone passing by our table that she WAS GOING TO THE BEACH!!! I would say it was quite embarrassing but that would be a lie because when you've had your kids skate through vomit or watched your toddler single-handedly take down a grocery store display of produce you are no longer are able to be embarrassed. By anything.

So our poor waiter came over to our table (I could see the fear in his eyes as he approached) to take our order. The following conversation ensued:

Waiter: "Hi, would you guys like something to drink?"

Me: "Yes. I'll have a Diet Coke and can we get four lemonades for the kids?"

Waiter: "Sure."

Peyton: "Hey! Did you know that I'm going to the beach?"

Waiter: "Really? That sounds fun. I wish I could go. I'm jealous."

Waiter finishes taking order and then leaves. I notice that Peyton and Sam are talking and laughing while pointing at the waiter.

Me: "What are you two talking about?"

Peyton (VERY loudly): "Mom, did you hear that boy? His name's Jealous!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment