Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Oh Yeah, We Went to Florida

Ok, I am a slacker because we just got back from our first family vacation of the summer over five days ago and I haven't updated a thing. I guess I've already slipped into the nonchalant and comatose mindset of summer. You've heard of "mommy brain"? Well, I've got "summer brain" and it's already making me a bit lazy.

We literally left for Florida the day after the kids got out of school. This is a great vacation time of year for Matt and we figured we'd get down there before it got too hot. And the weather was exceptional. Low 80's and not much humidity at all, which is just how I like it.

Our time there read a little like this:

Pool
Beach
Ice Cream
Repeat

Seriously, the kids were in the water non-stop and we got to enjoy a few days at the beach as well. I'm so lucky that Matt likes to play at the beach rather than sit (or so he says, maybe he's just being nice). Me? I want to park it in a chair with a book. And I got to do just that for a few days, which was lovely.






















The sunsets were picturesque and the people dolphin watching was plentiful.






















There was also a bit of kite flying and some pretty worn out kids.






















In between all of our beachin' and poolin's and sunnin', we managed to fit in a short visit to see the Mouse. It was just as fun as it was in October and it was so easy because we knew just what we wanted to do based on our last trip. The kids made it through a long day and we topped it off with their first Main Street Electrical Parade. It was well worth the late night. The looks on their faces were priceless and it was definitely a magical memory for them.





















This is the only picture I have from Disney this time. Too busy having fun!

It was a great trip. The car ride was long (the kids actually DID NOT want to watch any movies on the rides there AND back), but it was worth it for all the fun we always have. We are possibly heading back down to Florida later this summer, but I'm glad we got such a great trip in early. No we're back home and ready for a few weeks of pool and camp before we head off on our next adventure. Hello Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment