Sunday, June 13, 2010

Picture of the Week - June 13

I wanted to try and start a tradition of capturing and posting a "picture of the week" on this blog. One of the reasons I blog is to keep family and friends updated on our family since we can't see them as often as we'd like. More importantly, I blog in order to remember the day to day events of my children's lives.  I've never been that good at baby books and such, so I intended to use the blog as a way for me to capture the pictures and events of my family's every day lives. Having four children so close together in age, my fear was that I would get caught up in all the hustle and bustle of our daily busy-ness and, before I knew it, my kids would be grown and gone and I wouldn't have much physical evidence (pictures, stories, etc.) to look back on. That's one reason I am going to try (remind me if I forget) to post an image every week that I deem the picture of the week. I want this picture to simply be a moment or emotion that I want to remember from the week. Something that made me or someone in my family feel something significant, a facial expression I don't want to forget, or an image I want to remember forever. The images don't necessarily have to be monumental, they just have to elicit emotions and memories that I don't want to forget.

So, with that rather lengthy explanation, here is my first picture of the week. Matt brought home the van from his work one afternoon this past week and the kids absolutely loved playing in it for a while. Who knew a 15 passenger van could be so much fun? If we had another kid or two, we might actually have to get a van like this as our every day vehicle (don't worry, four is a very good number for us)!

No comments:

Post a Comment