Thursday, August 9, 2012

Vacation, All I Ever Wanted

The only reason this post is titled that is because I had to listen to Alvin and the Chipmunks butcher this particular Go-Go's hit yesterday while driving home from Florida with four kids, a dog, and my lonesome self. Well, that and because we were actually driving back from a really great two week vacation. We finally made it home and it seems the key to surviving an eight hour drive by yourself with four kids is snacks, the Fresh Beat Band, and movies. Just one word of caution: you WILL feel like chucking Alvin and his "chipwrecked" friends out the window once you arrive home.

Overall, we had a great couple of weeks of mostly pool and beach fun. Seriously, the kids swam every day we were there. I am not exaggerating, two straight weeks of swimming. They have all come so far in their swimming abilities and their dad is chomping at the bit to sign them all up for swim team next summer. We're still unpacking, but here's a good summary in phone pictures (of course I forgot my camera, along with my makeup and toiletries but that's another story for another day).

We found some fun critters in the pool (notice this is not the picture of the snake we found in there one morning, eek!)





















The kids sat like this most of the time when they watched TV. I think they just like to be close to each other. Guess I should have bought a loveseat for the new house instead of a new sofa.





















Beach Bums ...


























Fun with family.





















She's got a ticket to riiiiiiiiiiiiide!





















Luke was concerned the train wasn't ever going to start moving.





















My goofy boys ...






















... and sweet girls.





















What a great time! School is just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment