Thursday, January 19, 2012

Kidspeak

I know I've talked about BB and Wonkie before, but here's a little picture to refresh your memory ...














(BB is on the left, Wonkie is on the right)

Both blankets have been by Peyton's side since birth and I think we would have a colossal meltdown comparable to World War II if either of them ever was lost. They each have their own personality, gender, and unique smell (so she says).

Last week we were sitting on the couch before bedtime and Wonkie managed to be there with us. We have recently lost a beloved blankie (Luke's "Bubbie" ... he ate it ... for real, I'm serious ... don't ask), so I was remarking on how well Peyton's BB and Wonkie had stood up to their four long years of use. The following conversation ensued:

Me: "Peyton, is this Wonkie that I'm sitting on?"

Peyton: "Yeah Mom, I brought him out here because it's almost bedtime."

Me: (while holding Wonkie up): "You know Peyton, Wonkie's looking good for his age. He's in pretty good shape."

Peyton: "I know Mom. He's a square!"

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about Like eating his blanket. Most of Matt and Meghann's disappeared in a similar manner.

    ReplyDelete