Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween in Pictures, Take Two

SATURDAY:
Today was pretty low-key with the main Halloween event being pumpkin carving! The kids and I helped Matt clean out the pumpkins and he did the majority of the carving himself. Sam gave him some help on our polka-dot pumpkin (solely because a drill was involved). I think that may have been the easiest pumpkin we've ever carved. Matt made up for it though with the stellar job he did on our pumpkin face. I gave him a design I liked and he made it ever better than I thought possible!

Preparing to get dirty ... They liked dressing as "ghosts" and "angels."
















What is it about boys and power tools? I could not pull the boys away from the drill. Meanwhile, the girls were using acorn tops as tea cups ...







































Matt working hard on the pumpkins.






















The finished product!






















SUNDAY:
Well, after the weeks of hoopla, the big day finally arrived. The kids had a blast trick or treating and I must say that four kids definitely bring in a lot of candy! Everyone got to have some candy before bed and they were so worn out that they fell straight asleep. Now I just have to figure out how to ration this candy out so that we don't have a bunch of hyped up kids on our hands!

















































































Hope everyone else had a great Halloween as well. Time to start planning next year's costumes! Any ideas???

No comments:

Post a Comment