Monday, June 18, 2012

Moving Up

Remember last week when I mentioned moving? I haven't mentioned it since because I am still in a bit of denial. I HATE moving, it's awful. All that packing and packing never seems to end. You get one box packed up and it ends up looking like you have even more to pack. Remember when our house looked like this 2.5 years ago when we moved to North Carolina??














And the kids looked like this?





















Well, now our house looks like this ...






















And the kids look like this ...





















The best (or is it worst?) part of this move is that we are literally moving less than 200 yards away from our current house. I know this seems like this would make the move "easy", but I have learned through the years that local moves are actually harder. You tend to string them out and they seem to take f o r e v e r. At least with moving father away there is just one moving day.

However, the benefits of this local move far outweigh the bad. We get to stay in the same city that we have grown to love. We get to stay with all the friends we've made. We get to move to a bigger house (yay for more bathrooms!) without any of the trepidation and anxiety that comes with moving to a new city. I'll take that any day of the week.

So please forgive me if I'm a bit absent over the next few weeks. I'm probably going to be knee deep in boxes or my fingers will be glued together with packing tape. Anyone want to come over and take the kids to the pool for the next 2 weeks??

No comments:

Post a Comment